In order to make a sound agreement that you can feel protected and comfortable with, you will need a professional real estate lawyer in CT to help you sell your home.
Services you can expect a real estate lawyer to provide in your selling process:
- Determine mortgage payoff amounts - Your payoff amount is how much you will actually have to pay to satisfy the terms of your mortgage loan and pay off your debt.
- Draw the appropriate deed of conveyance - A deed of conveyance is a signed legal document that shows a title or deed has been transferred. It is used to prove ownership in a piece of property.
- Calculating all required conveyance taxes - Conveyance tax is a tax imposed on the transfer of real property, at the state, county or municipal level.
- Review of the buyers' attorney's title examination. - Title examination is a close examination of all CT public records that affect the title to the real estate you are purchasing.
- Preparation of closing documentation
- Ensure proper execution of all sellers documents
- Represent you at closing
- Securing releases of mortgages on the property